Sunday, May 10, 2015

May 8, 2015



Mom: How was Guatemala? I can't wait for your email about it! I want to know about everything you did there. I have sent you a card in the mail and I hope it reaches you by mother's day.

Family:
I'm not sure what to write about this week. Much of this week was the same as last week. We'll have to see what I come up with.

Guess What? On Tuesday, I'm 1/2 way done with my experience in the MTC! Wahoo! I'm so glad, because the MTC is super stressful. (not that the mission field ISN'T going to be stressful)

This morning we went to the temple like we do every P-day. When we got to the session, all the missionaries sat down in the back. One of the elders on the other side gasped and said, "Oh my gosh, my parents are on the front row." We all looked at him. This elder is polynesian, and his family doesn't even live in Utah. Apparantly, they were in town for his cousin's wedding. He sat quietly in the back until his parents saw him when they went up to do the prayer circle. They looked at him in surprise, but didn't say anything. After we got into the celestial room, we all sat and waited for this elder to see his parents. I think we were all interested to see what would happen. He walked in last, took a deep breath behind them, and tapped his dad on the shoulder. His parents got up and just hugged him. His mother started crying right then and there, and the rest of us standing around him started crying, too. I think as we all watched how tender the scene was we couldn't help but wonder what would happen if we saw our parents, too. It was especially hard for the new sisters that joined us this week, because many of them are literally countries away from their families. Poor sister Sua (who just came from Samoa) Looked at me as she was crying and said "Can we leave?" I just hugged her and we walked out.

On the bright side, YAY new sisters! Last week the old Samoan district just left, and we all sang them our goodbyes in our respective languages, and then we finished off with "God be with you Till we Meet Again" Which basically ripped us all apart. I'm slowly learning to dread that song. But, we received five new sisters this week, some from Samoa, Some from Hawaii, and two Palangi sisters. We are the LOUDEST branch ever. But, we also have the most fun. Even in our own Branch we Palangis are out of place! 80% of our branch is Polynesian, and of that 80% 90% of them actually live in the South Pacific. We have a few Australians, too. I enjoy hearing their accents. Sister Riss and I have two new sisters in our room, One Palangi and One Hawaiian. They are both going to Samoa. (There will not be any new Tongan members until we leave).

For Luke, Tate, and Cohen: I love you all! Luke, I can't wait to hear if you succeeded in your auditioning endeavors! Make sure to let me know! I am SUPER proud of you . That will be SO fun! Tate! Kid, I heard about your orchestra concert. :/ but I would like to issue you a challenge: When I come back, I expect to hear you play a song for me on your Viola. Deal? Good. Cohen, Mah mini man! Dad told me you went out to eat Sushi again because of your good grades! Keep up the good work! I love you so much! New Tongan Word for the week: Manuki (Mahnookee) It means sarcasm, or, to make fun of. I don't know why I thought of you when I learned that. Maybe it was because of that one time when you were..... six? :P


Ok ok. I'm behind on time. I gotta go! I can't wait to talk to you all on Sunday! Be there or be Square! OH. Send me pictures of you guys! I can print them and put them on my wall! Love you!

Sister Wunderlich



Sister Wunderlich and her branch.

No comments:

Post a Comment