Saturday, May 30, 2015

May 29, 2015 (Second Email)

This is it. The time is almost here! I only have two days left in the MTC! Am I excited? Yes. Am I also terrified out of my pants? Most definitely. (This is why I wear skirts) SO much has happened in this last week! There were a lot of really cool experiences I had with my companion, and also the girls in my branch!

Highlight of the week: Elder Holland came to speak to us all in the MTC on Tuesday evening. Everyone in the MTC was abuzz the whole day! He's basically as celebrity as the LDS church gets, second to the prophet himself. He gave us an amazing talk. He did the Elder Holland thing, where he gets all up in your face. He does not mince words. This is greatly appreciated, because there is NO way you didn't get the message unless you were asleep! 

He talked about how there is one thing that is the most important for us while we are on our missions. He made us promise that we would convert at least ONE person on our missions. That person being ourselves. He was bold in his words, and there was nothing missed. This is not like conference, where we can go listen to the talks after a day or two. We only get to hear this talk once! I have six whole pages of notes on the talk.

Word of Wisdom for the week: "We cannot help another come closer to Christ unless we are on higher ground than they are." This is true! We cannot help others (In anything, really) if we ourselves are not on firm ground! It's kind of like the whole "Do not seek to remove the mote thingy out of your neighbor's eye if you haven't yet removed the beam thingy from your own." ........ or something like that. I'll look that one up later. The point is, before you step to help someone out, make sure you take a good look at yourself, so you are more able to help them!

Funny story of the week:  Missionaries aren't allowed to have pets. One of the Elders in our district decided to push this limit, so he picked up some of these HUGE pinecones we have here on campus. We now have a pinecone family in our classroom, and they all have names, costumes, and a background. One of our teachers dressed them all up in pinecone clothes, and one of my other teachers is threatening to burn them because he hates them so much......... yeah. So none of that is gospel related, but sometimes we role play gospel doctrines with the pinecones in class. Anyways. Maybe I'll take a picture and send it to you all. 

So. The MTC has been nothing like I expected. You ask why, and I can't even explain. We have all been remade, which is both joyful and painful. 

I cannot wait to go to Tonga to teach God's children. I cannot believe that I, a mere 19 year old, have been trusted with something so sacred and special as the lives of these children of God. I'm rather astounded at the immense and marvelous work I'm about to embark on, but I know, whom the Lord calls, the Lord qualifies. I love you all. I love hearing from all of you! I just want to give you a heads up, I may not have internet, in fact, I most likely won't have internet for most of my mission. So, write me a letter! Send it to me! I will write back! 
I must end. But, I want you all to know, God lives, and he loves us.

ofa atu! Koe Sisu Kalaisi ae mo'oni taha Eiki.

Love love love love love,

Sister Wunderlich

No comments:

Post a Comment