Friday, May 22, 2015

May 22, 2015 (Second Email)

Hello All! I'm here to tell you that this week's email will likely be no more organized than last week's. first off, i apologize for my lack of skill with grammar and for all of the following spelling errors. the reason for these is this:
a. I'm lazy
b. I'm short on time
C. as my tongan gets better my english gets continually worse.

so really, if you can't understand my emails, that's a good thing! 

Funny story of the week:
Our teachers have been pushing us lately to teach more investigators. This is the MTC, and there are no tongan speaking "Investigators" to be had, so my companion and i have taken to teaching the wall in our residence hall. I have made tiny paper people that we stick to the wall and then preach to in tongan, even though they don't respond. I absolutely love doing this, because not only does it help me with my teaching skills and my tongan, but it's really funny when people walk into the room and you're talking to a wall!

Lesson for the week: being tired is a good thing.
Every night when I go to bed, i have to force myself to write in my journal, plan in my planner, and take a shower, because when we get back from 10 hours of class, we're absolutely exhausted! We are literally tired ALL the time. 
But, we absolutely love it. Every night we go to bed exhausted from the day's work. I am so very grateful for the exhaustion I feel, because the day has been spent doing the absolute best work possible! I love being tired! It let's me know that i've been working hard! even if I can barely brush my teeth!
The Fijian district left us this week. BOO! It's strange how much you can love someone so much in such a short amount of time. every time our branch sends another district off, we sing songs with them, always ending with "god be with you til we meet again."
This song, friends and family, we are convinced is the root of all evil. We can barely get through the first line of this song without everyone bursting into tears, unable to finish. If you want to make any missionary/return missionary cry, simply sing that song. 

SO. I just realized, I now only have 12 days left in america. Duhn duhn duhn! We are all anxiously waiting for our flight plans, and if they don't arrive today we are scared that it may be because our visas have not yet arrived. :(




One last thing this week. FOR THE FIRST TIME, IN THE HISTORY OF THE MTC, 52% of the missionaries here are sister missionaries! This is because of the age change! Had this not happened, it is estimated 3/4 of us might not even go on missions. Isn't that super awesome!

Alright. My hour has ended. Ofa atu, everyone!

Sister Wunderlich

No comments:

Post a Comment