Saturday, May 16, 2015

May 15, 2015

Hey, what gives? I get on and I don't have any emails? Preposterous! 

Send me many photos! We'll do a photo trade. Ill send you lots of photos if you send me lots of photos. You guys, the mountains, the sheep, (the llama, if you can catch him) the dog, Phin and Gringo. Everyone! make clytie come over just so you can take a picture of her!

Sister Riss and I have now been assigned as the sister training leaders for the remainder of our stay here. This means we are over all the sisters in the branch, including the marshaleese, tongan, (duh) Samoan, Fijian, and Kirubati sisters. Woo! It hasn't been too bad thus far, we've only been in this calling for two days. But, we get a cell phone! (oooooh) Its this little dinosaur that we just have to carry around with us whenever. The new Zone leaders are Elder Carbone, and Elder Ortiz. So Tonga is ruling the Branch right now! However, even the zone leaders don't get a phone!

I've decided that the MTC is the best and worst place for a people pleaser. I want to please everyone, (mostly God) so I'm super obedient and I'm blessed for that! It is also the worst place, because If I'm not careful, I could lose myself and my personality in trying to please someone that doesn't even matter that much. I remember Mom's letter when I think about this!

We've had two elders leave and go home while I've been here thus far. And we admire their courage! it takes guts to decide that you need to go home, and it takes guts to face everyone when you get there. The most recent departure was an Elder adams, and he was going to Samoa. The sisters in his district were so very heartbroken that he was leaving! It was very sad to see. We reassured them that had he stayed, the next two years would've been very miserable for him.

I've been thinking a lot this week about my testimony, and how my own testimony even got started. My earliest Testimony building memories all happened when I was in elementary school, around the age of 8 or 9. (or 6, for Cohen's sake.) 

The one I'll share this week, I remember from sometime around fifth grade. Someone called from the bishopric to ask If i would sing in sacrament meeting. Mom said to them that I would and I started freaking out because I didn't want to sing by myself in front of all those people! Mom told me to go upstairs and ask God what I should do, and I did. I'd never thought of asking God a question before, and I didn't know if he would answer me or not. I was on my knees in my little room, crying, and I asked God if he wanted me to sing in sacrament meeting. Like a blanket, the spirit wrapped around my 8 year old body and comforted me. My tears quieted, and I knew that God had answered my prayer. Since, it has never been that easy for me to receive an answer like that, but that first little prayer sparked my testimony about God and how he listens to our prayers and answers them.

Funny story of the week: We were doing our laundry and Sister Clark (Going to the marshallese Islands) walks around the corner with a look of panic in her eyes. We asked her what was wrong. she says to me: "Uh, are all of the machines on the back wall dryers?"
"Yes....?" I say.
"No!" She starts laughing and runs to the back wall, and opens the dryer that had her clothes in it.
"I thought this was a washer!" She'd poured soap all over her clothes and put them in a dryer, which had just made a huge mess all over the dryer! The best part is, she'd just been writing in her journal, and the last line she finished before she realized what she'd done just said:
"Today I'm doing laundry. I think I'm pretty pro at this new skill."

Tell me what's happening at home! I wanna know what's up! OH the whittakers sent me some cookies! They were super delicious, and I've still saved half of them. But I now realize I don't have any of their emails to say thank you! Will you send me abby's email? Ofa atu!

Sister Wunderlich


No comments:

Post a Comment