Wednesday, November 18, 2015

October 25, 2015 (Third email)

Alright. I thought I was being clever when I put cute little tongan subject lines, but from now on I'll also provide a somewhat accurate translation. Tongan is very simple, yet very complicated, because it's so simple. If that makes any sense. Also, simple doesn't mean easy. 

I'm sorry you're not feeling well. That's no good. I hope you get better soon!

Mom, don't let your emotions hinder your messages. Of course, me saying that is rather hypocritical, considering I've hid plenty of my emotions in my emails, as well. Mostly I just convey the happy ones, which i feel like you do, too. So, if we promise to both be frank to each other, in both the happy and the sad, I feel like that will work out. Maybe? I don't want you to worry, though, about the sad things, as I'm sure you won't want me to worry, either. And I won't I'll just pray, because that's all I can do!

I never thought it was possible to feel physical pain from missing someone, until I left for my mission. My first taste of it was when I said goodbye to clytie. That was so hard. When I said goodbye to all of you, it wasn't quite as bad at first, because there was just so much going on at the moment. But driving to the MTC made me feel very carsick, from something other than the usual reason. The worst thing, I think, was after I'd hugged you, and dad, and luke, I was ok, but right before I took off with that other sister. I saw the looks on tate and cohen's faces, and it broke what was left of my courage! That look will haunt me until I return. 

But I also want you to know, I'm so so very happy here. I finally can see the changes this gospel has in the lives of others, and the blessings -eternal blessings- that they can receive just because me and my companion left our families for just a little while. but mostly because of the savior. I've seen now, more than ever, that everything I have is because of the savior. And i'm eternally grateful.

Ok, time is short, I have to go. I love you mom, with all my heart and soul.

love,

your daughter

No comments:

Post a Comment