Wednesday, November 18, 2015

November 8, 2015

Woo! So, I went to the dentist today, there was a team of 17 americans working in liahona, and I didn't die. Woo! There wasn't even anything serious, I'd just had a previous filling that had come loose. But all is well! Actually, I'm floating on the clouds. I was super anxious for no reason, As usual.
So.

The baptism:
The baptism was amazing. Truly. My heart was afloat, especially when he got the opportunity to bear his testimony. It was so very sweet. This is one of the biggest blessings I've received from my mission thus far, the opportunity to see someones life be ENTIRELY changed by the gospel. Sometimes it's hard for us to see, because we were born in it. But every day is a testimony to me of how true this church is. Along with his confirmation, all of his children last sunday, recieved their baby blessings. Also, this next week, he'll recieve the priesthood. the week after that, hopefully he'll get to go do baptisms for the dead for his dad. This is his kingdom on the earth. I know sometimes there's things in this organization that we don't agree with. But all we have to do is trust. Part of faith is obeying, even when we don't know the reason behind things. I've seen that time and time and TIME again whenever I receive a rule from my mission president I don't agree with, or I don't understand. For example. I think our email time is going to be cut down. I'm not sure, I think he's still deciding, but we'll see. There are too many missionaries breaking too many rules, and so the rules get sharper and more strict.  I'm not joking when I tell you that perhaps half of this mission came for the wrong reason. I'm not sure some of the missionaries truly understand the responsibility with which they've been entrusted. But, my mission president is called of god to lead this mission, and I trust that everything will work out according to God's plan. I trust him, even if I don't completely agree with him.

Recently my companion and I have been eating a lot of chicken and ufi. I swear, every night! Chicken and ufi! But, the more I eat the tongan food, the more I tolerate it. Spaghetti sandwiches is popular around here, and when I first tried it I thought it was the grossest thing ever, but every time I eat it it gets a little bit better.
I have not yet received the package from tina. I've been patiently waiting, but my patience is running out! Grrrr. Ssister bever is also waiting for a package. The mail system is just super slow. I know both of the packages are here in tonga, we just have to get them to us, now! 
Ok. I gotta fly. We've got two lessons tonight, and that's more than usual for a monday! Still have to do laundry! But, I love you all, and I love getting letters from you all every week. Keep me informed!

Sending love from the corner of the world,

Sister Wunderlich

No comments:

Post a Comment