Wednesday, November 18, 2015

November 15, 2015

I'm glad to hear that all is happy and well in Utah! (at least from what you've told me.)

Heads up, My mission president made up his mind. We only get 30 minutes to email our families home every week. So. My emails are going to be a little bit shorter and a little bit sweeter. 

But, all is well here too! Mostly.
Yesterday was interesting, because I seem to have caught some sort of a cold! I actually quite literally lost my voice, and the doctor told me not to talk AT ALL. My poor little companion had to do all the tongan, and she's only been here for six weeks! We went to all of our appointments, and I think both of us by the end were a little frustrated. She was frustrated because she feels like she needs to know more tongan, and I was frustrated because I could do absolutely nothing to help her. I ended up-----***PAUSE OH MY GOSH WE JUST LITERALLY GOT A CALL THAT WE'RE GETTING HOT WATER PUT IN OUR MQ WOOO**** President Tupou mentioned that all the sisters were getting hot water, and he promised us we would get hot water first. Woo! He kept good on his promise! Uh, but too bad it's actually getting really hot here now.... Hahaha! That's ok. Anyways, on with the story.------ I ended up basically using my super awesome pantomime skills to help the investigator understand the message. I knew these acting skills would come in handy. We invited him to be baptized. He said yes! Now my voice is a little better, but I'm still not using it, because We want it to fully heal. Sister Bever and I are fasting so that I'll be able to teach at our appointment tonight. She was so very patient with me. I had to mouth everything I wanted to say to her. ALSO just some news that I thought was interesting, her uncle is the co-owner of Tillamook Cheese. That's right. Tillamook cheese. I'll just let that sit with you for a little bit. 

Also, I don't like fleas. My companion and I somehow got fleas in our house, and they bite us while we sleep. We're trying to get that fixed! I like my blood, thank you. 

We just had a transfer, and if you predicted as we already predicted, we're staying here! I like it here. We're trying our very best. We're going to get as much as we can out of this area in six weeks! Then, most likely, she will stay here, and I will most likely leave. Right before christmas.
Christmas! 

Also, I finally got the package! Actually, my companion and I both got packages! It was good! She got a birthday package (With a no-bake cake and candles inside: Genius) and I absolutely loved everything that was in mine. Thanks so much, tina! Packages are literally the best things ever. And the T-shirt. It's now my new workout shirt. It makes me happy inside. I don't think any of the native islanders get it, but it doesn't matter. I get it. That t-shirt is basically the motto for my existance in these last 18 months.

We had an investigator drop us this week. We've been working with him for a while, and one day he told us he needs to tell us the truth, and that he just wants to study the bible by himself and not go to any organized religion. We made him promise that if he ever felt like he needs anything more, that he would read the book of mormon. I was so sad! I had no idea how much I loved this investigator until he unintentionally broke my heart. We sang him a hymn and the spirit was REALLY powerful. I knew he couldn't deny it, and I hope that he remembers it when he thinks about the missionaries and the message we shared.

Ok! So much to say, SO VERY VERY LITTLE time! Ugh. 

Mom, I love you all so much and I think about you every day. I keep a family picture in my tongan scriptures that I can take around and show people. It makes me feel like maybe I'm taking you all with me!

Ofa lahi atu!

No comments:

Post a Comment