Wednesday, November 18, 2015

November 1, 2015

There is no Halloween in Tonga. But that night, we did bring candy to the people who gave us our fafanga. They and their kids loved it. One of the english-speaking tongans asked us if we miss halloween, and we said not really, and then he said "yeah, I guess there's just too many people who's faces look like real monsters around here to have halloween" My companion and I laughed super hard. 

Tina and Dave, WELCOME TO UTAH! I live in lay-un, next to the moun-uhns, and we love eating green jello. I have no Idea actually if that's a real stereotype but whatever.

YES! we now get to go to the temple every month, and just all of the mission leadership gets that opportunity. It's amazing! I've only gone once, and I did understand quite a lot more than I expected, but when I had to speak myself I just listened really intently to the very patient assistant. I'm sure she thought I was dumb. Anyways! We train here in tonga for 12 weeks. So, I myself was trained for 12, then I had a 6 week break, and now I'm the trainer. My daughter and I will be together until barely before christmas. At least. And, I have an inkling I'll get transferred, but that's only because I'll have spent 6 months in navutoka. Bummer! I'll leave all these members who know me right before christmas! :( But that's all still up in the air. Anyways, what day is thanksgiving? I'm going to celebrate it over here, too. On the same day as you all, so I know that somewhere in the world, all of us together are giving thanks. You and your turkey, and me and my can of corn. (WE FOUND CANNED CORN AT THE CHINA STORE) Anyways. I have to go! I love you all muchly.

Love,

Sister Wunderlich 

No comments:

Post a Comment