Monday, September 21, 2015

September 20, 2015

Haha hello, everyone! I guess I have some explaining to do. On our P-days, we wake up at 5am and fakamalosino (thank your body- exercise) to the church, where we email our parents before the sun comes up. then we use the computer as part of our study time, and we don't really typically leave until around noon. I figured you probably wouldnt've sent me an email yet, so I shot you a short one early, and I knew that sometime before we left you would remember! haha but yeah. I figure this is the standard time that we'll be able to write you. At least until my companion or I gets transferred.

WHICH might be happening very soon. The APs came to our district meeting this last week, and they kept on saying stuff like "you're getting a new companion soon" and "are you ready to train?" and dumb stuff like that. They were teasing but I'm actually pretty sure either sister Vaa'i or I will be leaving each other this next transfer. I'll miss her, she's been an amazing trainer to me, and she's so spunky. We have a lot of fun every day. Life is never boring around her! But anyways the next fehikitaki is in the first week of October, so I guess we'll see soon!

YES. I got the package! Literally five minutes after I finished emailing last monday the zone leaders came and gave us the package at the church. We were trying to walk quickly and hurry home and kind of trying to hide it because literally if someone asks you for it you have to give it to them. So I didn't even open it until I returned, but there were tons of people on the street that were like "OOH sister wunderlich! American candies, huh?" Because everyone knows that if ANYONE gets a package from america there's candy in it. Technically when they ask that I'm supposed to offer them the package, but I play the palangi card (meaning the "she doesn't understand your culture" card)  and my companion and i booked it home.(yeah, I'm selfish.) But I loved it! Packages are literally the best thing ever! My companion and I loved the m&ms and I've already begun to give out coloring pages to kids when we teach their moms and dads, and even when we just pass them on the street! I'll have to be careful though, because sometimes kids just hang around me and ask me for stuff until I give it to them. 

When you receive stuff as gifts from people, you have to hide it in whatever sort of bag you have. Especially if it's food, because you're obligated to offer some to other people. So when we go to dinner and stuff and they give us food to take home for the next day, we must hide it or else we won't have any food for the next day! The most recent experience with this is when I shoved a whole cake in my bag from a birthday party. That's an experience for the journal. 

Also. LUKE! HAPPY BIRHTDAY! I was just thinking the other day, about how weird it will be because when I come home, Luke will be eighteen. That is SO weird. SO SO SO weird. but also cool. but mostly weird. Just a little dissapointed about the dance thing, but it's ok, as long as he asks someone! He's just got to ask someone out! he's a cutie.

Well I love you muchly, and I'm glad that everyone is doing well! I'll pray for grandma and grandpa. Let them know that I love them, alright? And if you see Clytie wish her HAPPY BIRTHDAY because it's her birthday this week, too! WOO! 

No comments:

Post a Comment