Monday, September 21, 2015

August 30,2015

Hello Everyone! I'm sorry there isn't a specific time that I get on each week, P-days are always up in the air, because of weather and time it takes to walk here, and we have to get the key from the stake president for the office and so forth. Sorry!

I was so happy to see those pictures of the boys on their first day of school! Luke, You look flipping handsome. You'd better go on a lot of dates!
Tate looks as innocent as ever, (even younger than Cohen? Don't tell him that) And Cohen looks cool as usual.

I felt a surprising sadness when you told me you sold the bug. That thing was a pain in the butt, but it was my pain in the butt. That little car and I had a lot of memories together. Hot summers, cool nights, colorguard practices, trips to clytie's, dang. May or may not have cried a little bit.


I'm simultaneously surprised and disgusted by how long I've been here. I can't believe it's been four months, it feels like it goes by so very fast, but I also feel like I've already spent eternity here. Misiona Tonga is pretty chill. ... Uh, we currently have no progressing investigators. Duh duh duh dah! We have TONS of people who are members of this church here, but less active. The majority work done in this area is reactivation. So very many members here have joined the church, just to fall away. The majority of these members have gone through the temple, too! Our numbers to our mission president are really bad, as far as non member investigators. We do have some investigators, but currently they are not progressing, because they do not yet keep the commitments we give them.

Something I've learned about Tongans. They will always say yes. They will always say what they think will please you, and not what they really feel. So, when we ask people to do things, they always say yes. When we ask them If they've had certain experiences, (ex. feeling the holy ghost) they always say they have. They will tell you a time to come to their house for a visit, and then run when we come. It's hard to trust them! People even lie to us when we ask what their names are! Sometimes it's frustrating. (A lot?) But I trust that the people who really want to hear the truth, who really want to accept it, will be led to us in time, if we keep looking.

Mission Tour is coming up, and the member of the seventy in charge of the south pacific will be there. I'll have to get ready! Meetings with our mission president and general authorities are always REALLY intense. Like, make you want to puke intense. There's just a lot of pressure. But there is also a lot learned! I will have to be ready!
OK! time to go! I love all of you, and I'm so grateful for all your support.

CLYTIE ROBINETTE good luck with school! It'll be ok, don't worry! Much more next week.
So sorry there isn't a personal email for you this week.

All of you are in my prayers, and I wish you the best of weeks this week! Good luck in all your endeavors, everyone!

With more love than you can even handle,

Sister Wunderlich

"PALANGI, E?"

No comments:

Post a Comment